With beamian’s Media Channels tool you are able to create different emails to send out to your visitor database.
This article covers the following actions:
Before you get started
Before you send an email please make sure that your Email Customizations are complete and your emails are created in the Media Channels Tool as well.
How to send a regular email to all my visitors
Once your regular email is created you can proceed to send it.
- Go to your beamian account and click Media icon placed in the icons line of your current event.
- You will find the list of emails you have composed.
- Click the Send icon of the email you want to send.
- Check all the information shown on the page (From; To and Content).
- If you want to receive a confirmation email, click to toggle the Confirmation email will be sent to your address (...) switch on, and enter your email address.
- If this is not the first time that you are sending out the email to your visitor database, you must click to toggle the Do not send Emails to visitors that received this message already switch on, so the email will not be sent to visitors who have previously received the email.
- You should send a test version of your regular email to yourself or a team member before you send out the actual email to your visitor database.
- Click Send yourself a test.
- In the dialog box, type your email address on the search bar and click the Search icon .
- Select your email address.
- Click the Next icon .
- And send the test email to your email by clicking the Send button.
Note: To send the email to yourself you will need to be registered for the event.
- To send out the email to the visitor database click Review and send by email.
- Click Send (red button).
If you don't want to send a regular email to the entire visitor database, learn how to create a regular email to a group of visitors based on their status at the event or attendance at sessions or even how to send an email to a single visitor.
How to send an email to a single visitor
Instead of sending an email to the entire visitor list, you may also need to send an email to a single visitor or to a few visitors. On the beamian platform, you can select which visitors you want to send the email to.
After the email is created in the media channels tool, follow these steps:
- Go to your beamian account and click on your current event.
- Navigate to Visitors tab.
- Select the visitor or visitors to whom you want to send an email by clicking on the checkbox on the left side of the visitor list.
- Click on the dropdown menu on the top bar.
- Select the name of the email you want to send.
- Click Apply.
- Then, click Yes (red button) that is displayed in the dialog box.
Set up the automated Registration Confirmation Email for visitors
After your Email Customizations are complete and your email is created, you can simply set up automatic sending of registration confirmation emails to visitors. Thus, whenever visitors register on the event form they will automatically receive the registration confirmation email.
- Go to your beamian account, and click Event configuration iconplaced in the icons line of your event.
- Scroll down to the setting: Media Channels Settings.
- Choose your message according to the type of form that is activated.
- Select the name of the email you want to be sent automatically whenever a visitor registers on the event registration form.
- After selecting the email name, the message Event settings update will be displayed in the upper right side of the screen.
Tip: Before setting up the sending of automatic emails please try to send a test email to yourself in order to validate if it looks the way you want.