You can create sessions according to your event's agenda. Visitors can register on the form to attend sessions. And, at the event, you can perform access control based on visitor registration.
What are sessions on the beamian platform?
Sessions are considered all activities within the event in which it's possible to perform access control (to limit visitor access or just to monitor the number of session entries).
Sessions can be workshops, lectures, conferences, lunches, dinners, and much more that is scheduled to happen at your event.
On the beamian platform, you can include session registrations on the visitor registration form.
Add sessions on app.beamian
- Click on Calendar on left menu
- Click on Create button on top right corner.
- In the dialogue box, you've to fill in the information according to the event session:
- Name: enter the session/activity name.
- Description: enter a brief description of the session.
- Registration Capacity: enter the registration capacity number for the session. You can use this option to limit the number of registrations for the event's workshops or sessions. If your session has a capacity of 50 visitors, then you should set the maximum session capacity to 50.
- Entrance Capacity: enter the maximum capacity number for the session. If your session has a capacity of 50 visitors or seats, then you should set the maximum session capacity to 50. For on-site access control purposes.
- URL: If you want to display a video on the session, you can fill a URL from youtube.
- Other languages: Choose a different language for this session if you wish.
- Color: Choose a color to associate to this session on calendar.
- Image: Upload your session image.
- Start Date: select the day, hour and minutes for the start of the session.
- End Date: select the day, hour and minutes for the end of the session.
- Choose the the type of session: If it's in-person or online session.
- In-person session
- Registration capacity: enter the registration capacity for this specific session.
- Entrance capacity: enter the entrance capacity for this specific session.
- Who can watch this session?
- Anyone: to allow anyone to join the session without invite or registration.
- Require registration: to allow those who registered to the session.
- Require direct invitation: to allow those who get invited to the session to join.
- Online session
- Session type: select the type of session for the online format.
- Hide on calendar: You can hide this session from the event calendar.
- Enable chat: Enables chat for the specific session.
- Allow tag not registered: allows those who didn't register to enter the event when doing check-in.
- Published: To publish the session on event calendar.
- The Allow tag not registered checkbox must be set up according to the attendance control you want to carry out at the event.
- you must select the checkbox if, on the day of the event, the non-registered visitors for the session are still allowed to enter the session.
- you must not select the checkbox if the non-registered visitors for the session are not allowed to enter the session.
- After filling all the previous information, click the Create button.
Please note: You cannot create two sessions with the same name.
Create all your event sessions, one by one, according to the steps mentioned above.
Once you've created all the sessions for your event, they can be incorporated into the visitor registration form. Learn how to add sessions to the Registration Form.
Edit a session's options on a.beamian
- Click on the Session you want to edit
- On the right top corner, click Edit
- In the dialog box, edit the options of your session and click Save.